What I’ve Been Blogging Lately; Summer and Fall Anime
I’ve had a lot of posts up at Sea Slugs lately, and just thought I’d mention some of them here and give some thoughts on the summer and fall anime seasons in general.
Humanity Has Declined 12 – Here was my final regular post for this series. I really enjoyed blogging every episode of Jinrui–it was both entertaining and thought-provoking for me. Here is my review for the whole series.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 11 - Halfadeckshort and I wrote a post on the last episode for this series, which doubled as a general review of sorts. Summary: The second half of this show was not nearly as good as the first half, sadly.
Kokoro Connect 13 – Totali, Fencedude, and I blogged each episode of this series. Overall I enjoyed the show, but the last two arcs paled in comparison to the first arc. (At least in my opinion.)
I also watched all of Tari Tari for summer season, and overall I thought it was fun. I’ll likely post something more on the series some time this week or next.
I wasn’t able to finish Uta Koi or Joshiraku, but I do intend to watch more of those series some time. I’ve been too busy to catch up on everything, and with the start of the fall season I want to focus on the new shows premiering now.
From the New World 01 – Of all the shows I’ve seen so far for this fall season, this is by far the most fascinating. I will be blogging each episode of this for Sea Slugs, so be sure to join the discussions with me each week if you plan to watch this series. I will try my best to come up with interesting topics for each post.
I have lately been reading (or re-reading) lots of the light novels I own, and I’ve decided to try reviewing those as well for Sea Slugs. My biggest hope is to help more anime fans become aware that there actually are official licensed light novels available–not too many of course, but they do exist.
Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime – I started with the first book of my favorite light novel series: Book Girl. I highly suggest everyone get a copy of this book and give it a read. The first time I read this it was such a pleasant surprise, and the second time I enjoyed it even more.
Posts (by me) to look forward to on Sea Slugs: various first impressions for new anime, and more From the New World.
Posts to look forward to here on my blog:
- some day I’ll finally write a post on Ib, which is now essentially my favorite game of all time (along with Yume Nikki)–be sure to play it if you haven’t yet, by the way…
- there’s another Pandora Hearts chapter out–I always write posts for those, even if nobody reads them
- something for Tari Tari (eg analysis on what purpose each member of the five-student main cast may have served for the [rather haphazard] storyline)
- I’ve actually watched some more of Durarara and Clannad, so hopefully I can finish those up this month and write something more on those
- I’m borrowing some Yotsuba manga volumes from a friend… I may need to write something on this, though who knows what it would actually be about
- once things settle down a bit I hope to do more film collab posts…